Fall 2020 Orientation
Did You Miss Fall 2020 Orientation?
Whether you are joining us for virtual or in-person instruction in the Fall, you can use the Link below to view Walton's Virtual Orientation Website where you will up to date information for the 2020_2021 school year!
Virtual Learning Support Page
Learning from Home and Stuck with Technology Questions You Can't Answer?
Use the link below to access Prince George County Public Schools Tech Help Page for students and parents
On this page you can find information for:
- Student Google Accounts
- Google Classroom
- Reading Eggs
Please contact your child's teacher with further questions
Introducing our new resource for Social Emotional Learning and Positive Behavior Intervention Support:
Built by Walton Elementary Schools Guidance Counselor, Tammarra Lewis, as a virtual resource for parents, students and families. You can click the link above to visit the new Guidance Site!
2019 Exemplar Performance Awards
Virginia Board of Education recognizes William A Walton for continuous improvement under the board's new exemplar performance school recognition program
The Virginia Board of Education recently announced William A Walton Elementary as one of only 183 schools in the state of Virginia to earn the Board of Education's Continuous Achievement Award. To earn the Board of Education Continuous Achievement Award, a school must earn a state accreditation rating of Accredited or Accredited with Conditions and meet at least one of the following benchmarks for improved performance on accreditation-related school quality indicators:
- A cumulative 10-point increase over three years in the combined rates for reading and mathematics and in the pass rate for science, with improvement each year on each indicator:
- A cumulative 10-point increase over three years in the combined rates for reading and mathematics for two or more student groups, with improvement each year for each group on both indicators;
- A cumulative 15-percent decrease in the chronic absenteeism rate over three years, with a decrease each year; or
- For schools with a graduating class, a cumulative four-point increase in the Graduation and Completion Index over three years, with an increase each year, and a cumulative 15-percent decrease in the dropout rate, with a decrease each year
Walton was honored to receive this award and we are excited to see the continued hard work that teachers, staff, and students put in each day to create meaningful learning experiences for our students!
- Students can NOT be dropped off at school before 8:30 AM. That is when students may be dropped off and report to their classrooms.
- IF you are picking your student up from Parent Pick Up, please make sure you bring your ID.
- Wednesday folders go home EVERY Wednesday! Please check these each week as they contain important papers for parents.
- Smencils are for sale from the SCA EVERY Friday for $1.00. You can purchase them between 8:30 - 9:00 in room F3.
- The Good News Club meets EVERY Friday from 7:30 - 8:30 AM in the Gym.
Click the picture below to access, ClassLink, our Single Sign On system, or you can use this link:
TylerSIS Parent Portal
Click the picture below to access, TylerSIS Parent Portal, our Student Information System:
Virtual Learning Tech Support
Click the picture below to access, PGCPS Virtual Learning Tech Support Page or you can use this link: